world nurses’ day 2022
world nurses day 2022
world nurses day 2022
Every year on May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth, the globe celebrates International Nurses Day. Every year, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) honors this significant day by producing and disseminating International Nurses’ Day (IND) resources and information.
Nurses day around the world
- Since 1965, the ICN has commemorated this day. In 1953, Dorothy Sutherland, a US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare official, recommended that President Dwight D. Eisenhower declare a “Nurse’ Day,” but he declined.
- The anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale, the originator of modern nursing, was chosen as the day to commemorate in January 1974.
- Every year, the IND Kit is prepared and distributed by ICN. Nurses from all around the world can use the package, which incorporates instructional and public information items. The 8th of May has been designated as National Student Nurses’ Day since 1998.
- Every year, from the 6th to the 12th of May, the United States commemorates National Nursing Week (the birthday of Florence Nightingale). Every year during the week of May 12th, Canada commemorates the week. In 1985, the Canadian Minister of Health established National Nursing Week.
- National Nurses Week was originally observed in the United States from October 11 to 16, 1954, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s journey to Crimea. In 1974, President Nixon declared “National Nurse Week.” President Ronald Reagan signed a bill in 1982 recognizing May 6 as “National Recognition Day for Nurses,” which is today known as National RN Recognition Day. The ANA expanded the holiday in 1990 to become the current National Nurses Week.
Note; world nurses day
- The new theme for IND 2022 has been revealed by the ICN: Nurses: A Leading Voice – To ensure global health, invest in nursing, and respect rights, with a focus on the need to protect, support, and invest in the nursing profession to build health systems around the world.
- Every year on May 12th, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth, ICN conducts the celebrations for International Nurses Day.
- ICN has also released a collection of case studies submitted by nursing practitioners from around the world to highlight the diverse variety of innovative work that they conduct on a daily basis. These tales, which were featured on the ICN and IND websites throughout the year, demonstrate the work of these practitioners throughout the pandemic to care for patients with COVID-19, as well as the vast diversity of nursing that continued to care for those with other conditions.
- Nursing practitioners provide accessible, affordable, person-centered, holistic care for everybody, from birth to death, non-communicable illnesses to infectious diseases, mental health to chronic ailments, in hospitals, communities, and homes.