Woolworths TASTE Eat Out Bursary Application 2023-2024
Woolworths TASTE Eat Out Bursary Application
About Woolworths TASTE Eat Out Bursary
- Do you aspire to follow in the footsteps of Jamie Oliver, Luke Dale-Roberts, Margot Janse, or Reuben Riffel in the kitchen? If that’s the case, the Woolworths TASTE Eat Out Bursary is your big chance, and we’re encouraging all aspiring cooks to apply. The bursary will fund a one-year scholarship at Silwood Cookery School in Cape Town, followed by a second year funded by the school, during which students will get Cordon Bleu-accredited instruction as well as the opportunity to assist with cuisine at a variety of events throughout the year.
- If you’re under 35 years old, believe you have what it takes to be a culinary genius, have a passion for food and cooking, and want to help raise the bar in South Africa’s culinary business, you can enter the competition.
Eligibility criteria for the bursary
- South African citizens of at least 18 years of age
- Having the ability to begin studies in January of the following year
- Have minimum prior work experience as an intern or employee in a professional kitchen (coffee shop, café, or restaurant).
- Having a stable home environment and reliable transportation to and from college is essential.
- Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng); Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town, Western Cape); Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Cape Town, Western Cape); Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng); Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng); Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng); (Hilton, KwaZulu Natal).
- ID document (certified copy),
- Portait colour photo (passort/ ID size),
- Motivational letter (of no more than 3 paragraphs) about why you should be awarded the bursary.
READ ALSO: VGI Consulting Bursary
Timelines for fresh applications
Applications will be accepted until May. Any applications sent after the mentioned date will not be regarded.
How to apply for the bursary
One of the following methods can be used to submit an application:
- Online at: http://taste.co.za/woolworths-taste-eat-out-culinary-bursary-2017/#form
- Alternatively, you can access and complete the Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application Form (pdf).