Witrand Hospital Nursing School Application 2023-2024
Witrand Hospital Nursing School Application
About Witrand Hospital Nursing School
Witrand Hospital Nursing School is considered one of the very best nursinng schools in South Africa. Its academic excellence is unparalled in many respects. suffice to say that most graduates of the school have exceeded expectation in their fields of practice.
Programs offered at Witrand Hospital Nursing School
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
- Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
- Child Nursing Science
- Community Nursing Science
- Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Care
- Critical Nursing Science
- Operating Nursing Science
- Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
- Orthopaedic Nursing Science
- Ophthalmic Nursing Science
- One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
Required Documents when Applying to Witrand Hospital Nursing School
- a copy of your academic credentials (eg Senior Certificate)
- (If appropriate) a copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- (RSA students) a copy of your ID document or your ID / passport (international students)
- A copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree (if appropriate) (if applicable)
- If the documents are not in English or Afrikaans, sworn translations are required.
Entry Requirement to Witrand Hospital Nursing School
Prospective students must meet the legislative minimum requirements for admission to higher certificate or diploma programs, which are based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or comparable school leaving certificate, as well as the candidate’s educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September tests or documentation that study leave is being processed by the existing job. Final Grade 12 grades, proof from the employer that the applicant has been given study leave, and that the applicant has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college students will be utilized to determine the final decision.
- All specialized programs have their own set of criteria. The Admission Point System (APS) is used to assign point values to NSC or similar subjects:
Admission Point System