Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary Application 2023-2024
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary Application
Profile Western Cape Provincial Treasury
- By providing strategic financial leadership to the Western Cape Government provincial department, its public entities, and municipalities, the Western Cape Provincial Treasury helps the Western Cape achieve its intended socioeconomic and governance results.
- Within the context of co-planning and co-implementation and the joint district strategy, the Provincial Treasury is responsible for preparing the provincial budget and exercising oversight over its implementation. As a result, it plays a crucial role in achieving all of the political objectives. Because of the Department’s function as a Centre of Government department, the Strategic Plan and Annual Performance Plan papers correctly designate the Innovation and Culture Change priority as a significant emphasis of the Department.
- The Provincial Treasury, like the Premier’s Department, emphasizes the significance of good governance.
About Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary
- Bursary applications are now being accepted! Apply for a bursary if you have enthusiasm, ambition, and a desire to make a positive difference in society while pursuing your educational goals.
- The bursary is dedicated to providing opportunities for young people and addressing important skills shortages in the sectors of economics, accounting, finance, and auditing.
- We started a scholarship program in 2008 to give our youth the opportunity to pursue higher education through bursaries. Every year, bursary applications open in July and close at the end of September.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a full-time bursary from the Provincial Treasury:
- Be a resident of the Western Cape and a South African citizen.
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 35.
- Achieved a 60 percent or better average in the preceding year of high school or university study
- There are no additional bursaries available to you (if a postgraduate applicant) already have a bachelor’s degree in one or more of the targeted fields
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for a bursary.
READ ALSO: Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary
Fields of study
Bursaries are available to Grade 12 learners and post- and undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in:
- Supply Chain Management
How to apply for the bursary
Qualified persons should access the applications process via this link
Tel: 021 483 4823 / 021 483 6127