Western Cape College of Nursing Application 2023-2024
Western Cape College of Nursing Application
About Western Cape College of Nursing
Western Cape College of Nursing is one of the best nursing colleges in South Africa. It holds itself to a higher standard. The school boasts of blending theory with practical academic practices which yield ultimate success for its students.
Programs offered at Western Cape College of Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
- Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
- Child Nursing Science
- Community Nursing Science
- Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Care
- Critical Nursing Science
- Operating Nursing Science
- Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
- Orthopaedic Nursing Science
- Ophthalmic Nursing Science
- One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
Entry Requirements to Western Cape College of Nursing
For admission to higher certificate or diploma programs, prospective students must achieve the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate, as well as the candidate’s educational certificate.
- Levels/symbols attained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or evidence that study leave is being processed by the current employer will be used to determine provisional admission. Final Grade 12 scores, confirmation that the application has been granted study leave by the employer, and that the applicant has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college students will be used to make the final decision to study at Western Cape College of Nursing.
- All specialized programs have their own set of criteria. The Admission Point System (APS) is used to assign point values to NSC or similar subjects:
Admission Point System
- Go to https://www.westerncape.gov.za/news/western-cape-college-nursing-multi-campus
- Registration Fee Payment Proof (compulsory for SA and International applicants)
- A certified copy of your photo ID (ID document is required for South African nationals; your application will not be processed until you provide a certified copy of your ID and your passport number for international applicants).
- Exam Results: Final grades for grade 12 (if available). If you are currently in grade 12, your grade 11 scores are crucial to your application. As a result, maintain it in your possession.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need a unique email address when applying online or via mail.
If you are unable to apply online, you may print and mail your application.
Contact Details of Western Cape College of Nursing
Phone: 021-370 2313
Fax: 021-370 2400
Email address: Teresa.Lucas@westerncape.gov.za