Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School Application 2023-2024
Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School Application
Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School
The online admission application form for potential candidates seeking admission to the Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School for the 2023/2024 academic year has been released by the South African Nursing Council (SANC) and the Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School and Midwifery.
The Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School provides training in collaboration with a number of private and public hospitals as well as community-based organizations, allowing students to get practical experience under the supervision of our Educators and Registered Nurses. Every student enrolled to any of the Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School’s programs of study must read, understand, and comply by the rules.
Programs offered at Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN NURSING SCIENCES (BCUR) – Four (4)Year Programme
- DIPLOMA IN NURSING – Three (3)Year Programme
- HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN AUXILLARY NURSING – one (1)Year Programme
- POSTGRADUATE ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN NURSING
The following are the entry requirements for Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School:
An application letter that is well-written and includes the necessary documents:
- Certified copy of a valid grade 12 certificate with an aggregate of D or E/S (from 750 and higher) – old certificate meets minimal entry requirements for a bachelor’s degree or diploma for the new certificate.
- For candidates who are still in Grade 12, a certified copy of their 2022 Grade 11 end-of-year report or their term 1 Grade 12 report is required.
- The following subjects must be included in the certificate or report because they are required: Other science disciplines (Physical Science, Mathematics, Geography, Agriculture, Life Orientation) will be an advantage since the Admission Point System (with a minimum of 18 points) will be used to choose these individuals.
For government personnel, a certified copy of study leave or a letter from the supervisor indicating that study leave is being processed is required.
A certified copy of the identification document is required.
- For married candidates, a certified copy of their marriage certificate is required.
Curriculum vitae containing contact information and a physical address that includes the town/farm/village of origin AS A CATCHMENT AREA
Entry Requirements for Tygerberg Academic Hospital’s School of Nursing
Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Life Sciences are all recommended. At exit level, you’ll require a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an equivalent qualification.
- English (50-59%)
- First additional or home language (50-59%)
- Life Sciences (50-59%)
- Maths Literacy (50-59%)
- Life Orientation (50-59%)
READ ALSO: Western Cape Rehabilitation Centre
How to Apply to Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School
- Go to
- Registration Fee Payment Proof (compulsory for SA and International applicants)
a certified copy of your photo ID (ID document is required for South African nationals; your application will not be processed until you provide a certified copy of your ID and your passport number for international applicants).
- Exam Outcomes: Final Exam Results for Grade 12 (if available). If you are currently in grade 12, your grade 11 scores are crucial to your application. As a result, maintain it in your possession.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need a unique email address when applying online or via mail.
Contact Details of Tygerberg Academic Hospital Nursing School
Street Address: Admin Building East, H Lower Ground, Tygerberg Hospital, Parow, 7505
Postal Address: Admin Building East, H Lower Ground, Tygerberg Hospital, Tygerberg, 7505
Telephone: 021 938 5261
Fax: 021 938 5261