Trudon Bursary Application 2023-2024
Trudon Bursary Application
About Trudon Bursary
- Trudon bursaries are available to prospective students at tertiary learning institutes.
- We interview students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds who are interested in studying full-time at a South African tertiary institution (university) towards an undergraduate degree every year between the beginning of October and the end of November.
Fields of study the bursary covers
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Information Technology
- Information Science
- BIS Multimedia
- Graphic Design
- Mathematical Science
- Industrial Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electronic Engineering (BSc or BEng)
Please note that bursaries are only awarded to second and third-year students, and are not applicable to first-year or postgraduate students.
- Citizenship/permanent residency in South Africa
- Have a Matric/Grade 12 diploma (and passed Mathematics)
- Accepted for one of the aforementioned qualifications by their selected tertiary institution
- Currently pursuing a full-time qualification in one of the aforementioned fields (2nd/ 3rd year).
- Currently enrolled at a South African university (NOT a college or university of technology)
- Current students (second/third year) must have a minimum grade point average of 60%.
- African, colored, and Indian students will be given preference (academic merit is, however, still strongly considered)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest University results (certified copy)
- University statement of account (copy only)
- Parents/ guardians latest payslips (certified copies)
- Latest financial statements or a sworn affidavit if they are self-employed
- Sworn affidavit if they are unemployed
- Death certificate or a sworn affidavit if they are deceased (certified copy)
How to apply for the bursary
Download the Trudon Bursary application form in one of the following formats and fill it out:
Submit clear copies of the mentioned supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is mandatory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded)
Tel: 011 677 6000 (Johannesburg)
Tel: 012 678 9800 (Pretoria)
Tel: 021 408 1700 (Cape Town)
Tel: 031 536 4000 (Durban)
Tel: 041 503 9600 (Port Elizabeth)
Tel: 043 705 6600 (East London)
Tel: 051 411 8800 (Bloemfontein)