Thusong Hospital Nursing School Application 2023-2024
Thusong Hospital Nursing School Application
About Thusong Hospital Nursing School
Thusong Hospital Nursing School is ranked amongst the leading nursing schools in South Africa. The astuteness that characterizes the school is woven into the excellence of its graduates both in the classroom and on the field.
Courses offered at Thusong Hospital Nursing School
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
- Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
- Child Nursing Science
- Community Nursing Science
- Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Care
- Critical Nursing Science
- Operating Nursing Science
- Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
- Orthopaedic Nursing Science
- Ophthalmic Nursing Science
- One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
Entry requirements into Thusong Hospital Nursing School
Prospective students must meet the legislative minimum requirements for admission to higher certificate or diploma programs, which are based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or comparable school leaving certificate, as well as the candidate’s educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September tests or documentation that study leave is being processed by the existing job. The applicant’s final Grade 12 grades, confirmation that the application has been granted study leave by the employer, and that the applicant has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college students will be considered to make the final decision to enroll.
- All specialized programs have their own set of criteria. The Admission Point System (APS) is used to assign point values to NSC or similar subjects:
Admission Point System