The Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa (ICMEESA) Bursaries Application 2023-2024
The Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa (ICMEESA) Bursaries Application
About The Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa (ICMEESA) Bursaries
- The South African Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers is a scholarly and vocational institution that serves all South African certificated mechanical and electrical engineers.
- It is also the only Certificated Engineers Institution in South Africa with official registration under the Engineering Profession of South Africa Act.
The Mission Statement
- The Mission of the Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa, is to uphold the professional image, status, and interests of all Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers through;
- Representing the Certificated Engineer through pro-active participation on statutory, educational, and professional decision-making bodies.
- Regular formal communication to and between members to promote member interaction, fellowship, and ongoing professional development of the Certificated Engineer.
- To ensure the active participation of our members at the branch level.
Formally recognized within the profession as the representative body of all Certificated Engineers with the membership of The Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa is highly regarded by members through the visible and tangible added value benefit of membership through a combination of active branch activity and sound intercommunication to and between the members.
Bursaries of (ICMEESA)
- Second-year students studying Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) at a Technical College, Technicon, or University will be eligible for the ICMEESA bursaries. ECSA accreditation is required for the educational institution.
- Bursaries may be awarded each year and to the same beneficiary, as long as the latter maintains a solid academic record. Bursary recipients who fail their degree or stop studying will be obliged to repay the whole sum of their bursary. Bursary recipients must join ICMEESA as student members.
Eligibility and requirements for (ICMEESA) bursaries
- Mechanical or electrical engineering second-year students (Heavy Current)
- For Technicon students, S1 was passed.
- All N3 qualifying subjects for Technical College students were passed with flying colors.
- Part-time or distance study students may be considered if their student status is comparable to a pass on the S1 scale or a pass on the N3 scale in all relevant topics.
- This is the order in which preferences will be evaluated.
- Previous ICMEESA bursary recipients will be given priority.
- Children with parents who have been members of ICMEESA for at least 5 years will be given priority.
Bursary applications will start from July and end on 30 September
Mode of Application for (ICMEESA) bursaries
- Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Prepare a zipped file with a digital version of certified copies of the following document:
- Certificates, diplomas, and letters of recommendation
- CV ID in abbreviated form
- Proof of enrollment/acceptance with an educational institution
- If the student is referred by an ICMEESA member, the student will get a recommendation from that person.
- If you’re already studying, you’ll need a class attendance record or confirmation.
Contact details of (ICMEESA)
+27 (087) 822 2229
+27 (084) 775 8888
73 Fifth Avenue, Northmead, Benoni, 1501