South African Reserve Bank Bursary Application 2023-2024
South African Reserve Bank Bursary Application
About South African Reserve Bank Bursary
- As part of its efforts to alleviate South Africa’s severe skills shortage, the South African Reserve Bank (the Bank) awards bursaries to disadvantaged students in relevant disciplines of study.
- A number of external bursaries are made available annually to needy qualified Grade 12 kids (external bursars) to embark on full-time studies in support of the Bank’s corporate social activities and the Bank’s External Bursary Scheme (the scheme).
- Qualifying bursary applicants with an average of at least 70% in the June Matric/Grade 12 tests will be given bursaries, with final awarding contingent on final results and entrance into a South African institution.
- Only South African citizens will be eligible for bursaries.
- Only students who are unable to afford to attend university will be eligible for a bursary.
READ ALSO: Concor Bursary
- Examination results
- Nationality ID
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized institution (student number) and any other supporting documents must be submitted with the application form.
Fields of study that the Bursary covers
- The studies that students plan to pursue should be relevant to, but not limited to, the Bank’s functions and activities. (Visit the Bank’s website at www.resbank.co.za for additional information.) Economics, Actuarial Sciences, Mathematical Statistics, Information Technology, Finance, Law, and Accounting are examples of this, but it also covers Medicine, Dentistry, and Social Work.
- From the first academic year onwards, a bursary will be awarded and assessed annually. Bursary recipients are not required to reapply for the bursary each year. Annually, the overall number of students and associated bursary costs will be assessed.
- Students who have received a Bank bursary will be able to work during their vacations on the Bank’s dime.
How to Apply
Online applications can be accessed at http://careerwise.co.za/applications/registrations/
P.O. Box 30632
Fax: 086 609 7183