SEIFSA Bursary Application 2023-2024
SEIFSA Bursary Application
About SEIFSA Bursary
- SEIFSA, the Southern African Federation of Steel and Engineering Industries, continues to assist and enable the development, availability, and retention of skilled human resources directly related to the Steel and Engineering Sectors’ activities.
- In terms of the SEIFSA Bursary Policy, priority is given to employers and employees in the steel and engineering manufacturing sector who are members of SEIFSA-affiliated associations, but this does not preclude applications from eligible individuals outside the steel and engineering manufacturing sector. However, applicants who are employed in the sector and/or are dependents of employees in the field will be given priority.
- Every year, SEIFSA grants bursaries to students who are entering higher education and pursuing professions in the steel and engineering industries. Bursaries are provided to qualifying students enrolled in recognized undergraduate engineering programs at South African universities, as well as students pursuing a National Diploma in Engineering at South African technology universities (UoT).
- By encouraging previously disadvantaged persons to seek aid through our SEIFSA Bursary program, SEIFSA fosters balance and diversity in the skills pool of graduates.
Fields of study the bursary covers
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Note: The bursary sum only fully or partially covers the cost of tuition fees. The SEIFSA bursary will not cover prescribed books/stationery, lodging, and food, as well as private accommodation and extra-mural activities.
READ ALSO: AgriSETA Bursary
Bursaries will be offered to help people gain specific skills, with a focus on scarce and key talents in the sector, as well as transformation goals. Applicants must meet the following conditions in order to be considered for a bursary:
- Become a citizen of South Africa.
- 35 years of age or less
- Good academic results in Mathematics and Science, with a minimum average of 75% in Grade 12 / Matric.
- In South Africa, studying or being admitted to study at a recognized university or university of technology.
- Passing a standard aptitude test or a similar test that the university requires
- A household income of more than R350 000.00 per year but less than R650 000.00 per year.
- For costs covered by the SEIFSA bursary, the individual does not receive any other/further scholarship; preference will be given to applications from the defined groups, as well as employees of SEIFSA member enterprises and their families.
- The course’s relevance to the metals and engineering industries, as well as areas where it fills in the gaps
How to apply
- Qualified and interested persons kindly click here to apply
- Applicants should E-mail their complete CV and complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Capital and Skills Development Executive
Tel:011 298 9425
Fax: 011 298 9525