Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary Application 2023-2024
Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary Application
About Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary
- The Schauenburg Education Trust focuses on identifying and funding students who are pursuing qualifications that have been designated as scarce talents, ensuring that these skills are available for employment in South Africa.
- Schauenburg Education Trust will focus on granting bursaries to students in their third and fourth years of study at specific universities in the fields of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Business Administration/Management for the foreseeable future.
What does the Bursary include
- 100% of the institution’s mandated tuition, registration, and exam fees, all of which will be paid directly to the university.
- A sum equal to the average cost of a single room in a university hostel at the university where the student is enrolled. The Trustees of the Schauenburg Education Trust will establish this rate, which may be paid directly to the university.
- The Trustees of the bursary calculate a meal amount based on three meals per day, which may be paid directly to the institution.
- Amount to be spent on textbooks and course materials.
- Amount set aside for living expenses.
- South African citizens with valid ID numbers; willing to attend interviews and undergo psychometric testing; and are willing to spend university holidays doing vacation work or job shadowing at Schauenburg Systems (Pty) Ltd.
- Black as defined by BEE legislation, with preference given to Black women, Black students under 35 years of age, and Black disabled students; South African citizens with valid ID numbers; willing to attend interviews and undergo psychometric testing; and willing to spend university holidays doing vacation work or job shadowing at Schauenburg Systems (Pty) Ltd.
Who can apply
- Students in their second or third year of school who are majoring in Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc) or Business Administration/Management can apply for bursaries for their third and fourth years of study.
- In their matric year, applicants must have taken Maths (not Maths Literacy), Science, and English and received a minimum of a level 6 in all three subjects.
- Applicants must also be able to demonstrate that they made good academic progress during their first and second years of higher education while pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree. Applicants must have completed and passed all of the courses for which they were registered during their time at university.
How to apply
- Qualified and interested persons should visit http://schauenburg.co.za/schauenburg-education-trust/ to start and complete their application processes.
Physical Address: 26 Spartan Road, Spartan Ext.21, Kempton Park, 1619, South Africa
Postal address: PO Box 145, Isando, 1600, South Africa
Tel: +27 (010) 590 1571 | Fax: +27 (011) 974 0077