NYDA-African Scholars Fund Bursary Application 2023-2024
NYDA-African Scholars Fund Bursary Application
About NYDA-African Scholars Fund Bursary
The African Scholars Fund was created in 1970 as a non-profit organization. ASF assists elementary school pupils from impoverished backgrounds who have the potential to complete their secondary or TVET college education. The majority of the organization’s funding comes from private donations. ASF has received around 28 million dollars since its inception, which has helped more than 50000 high school students and 2500 TVET students.
Read also; Agbiz Centenary Bursary
Closing date: 31 Oct
NYDA-African Scholars Fund Bursary Application Requirements
- A certified copy of your most recent high school diploma or report is required.
- If applicable, copies of all previous college test results. Not only certificates, but also statements of outcomes should be sent.
- If you are in college, you must attach a printout of your most recent CLASS TEST results, or your application will be rejected.
- Paystubs, pension receipts, or other forms of income documentation.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope
- A thorough letter in your own handwriting motivating your application and explaining your family situation is required.
Bursaries are offered for full-time courses only at FET colleges: N1 – N6 and some Practical courses.
- Applicants must not be older than 25 years of age. Younger students will be given preference.
- A minimum of grade 10 with Maths and Science is required for technical courses.
- If already at college, a minimum of 50% in all tests and exams is required (60% for Orientation courses).
- Bursaries will not be granted to students who have other bursaries, including NSFAS. This will be checked with all bursary organizations and colleges. ASF Students who receive other bursaries will have to pay back funds received from ASF.
- Bursaries only cover course fees and registration.
- Bursaries do not cover accommodation – if you live far from college explain where you would stay and how you
would pay for it.
How to apply to NYDA-African Scholars Fund Bursary
Please visit www.nsfas.org.za to apply.
To get more info on South Africa Bursaries, click here
Tel: (021) 689 9094/431
Fax : (021) 689 9240
PO Box 294, Rondebosch 7700
e-mail : email@example.com