- The magazine has published articles to help nurses improve their profession, keep them up to date on nursing and healthcare policy and practice, and support them in their career development since its inception in 1905.
- The Nursing Time website has recently evolved to become the largest nursing website outside of the United States. It also has a clinical repository of over 5,000 double-blind peer-reviewed publications on all aspects of nursing, in addition to daily news and regular opinion.
- Nursing Time CPD Zone is another feature of the website, and it provides subscribers with a variety of user-friendly online learning units on fundamental aspects of nursing care, as well as an online portfolio to track evidence of continuing professional development and activities required for revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- In addition, Nursing Time’ CPD Zone encourages nurses to continue their professional development and strive toward revalidation. Around 20 user-friendly online learning units on fundamental aspects of nursing, clinical articles with online assessments for bitesize CPD, clinical articles with discussion handouts for participatory CPD, and a personal e-portfolio to store CPD and revalidation evidence are all included in this zone.The inaugural edition of Nursing Time was published on Saturday, May 6, 1905, by Macmillan and Co Ltd. It is now published on a monthly basis, after formerly being published weekly until January 2017. Nursing Time got a major overhaul in March 2009, in addition to the 2017 relaunch.
Reputation in the industry
- In recent years, Nursing Time
- and the people who work on its content and events have earned a slew of national accolades. Campaigns on behalf of nurses, as well as products and content to assist nurse education and learning, have received high praise and nominations.
- Nursing Time is also recognized in the Nursing Journals Directory of the International Academy of Nursing Editors.
Here are some of the accolades for the brand and its award-winning content.
- British Society of Magazine Editors: B2B Cover of the Year (Jennifer Van Schoor & Jennifer Smith)
- British Society of Magazine Editors: B2B Cover of the Year (Jennifer Van Schoor)
- Professional Publishers Association Awards (PPAs): Special Interest Magazine of the Year
- Professional Publishers Association Awards (PPAs): Team of the Year
- International Academy of Nursing Editors: Nursing Times inducted into the Nursing Journal Hall of Fame
- British Society of Magazine Editors: Editor of the Year (Business Brand – Weekly/Fortnightly) – Jenni Middleton
- Professional Publishers Association Awards: Editor of the Year – Jenni Middleton
- Professional Publishers Association Awards: Great Leap Forward – Nursing Times Learning
- Association of Online Publishers Awards: Audience Development Team of the Year – Nursing Times Learning
- British Media Awards: Website of the Year
- Medical Journalists’ Association: Editor of the Year – Jenni Middleton