NEET (National Economic Education Trust) Bursary Application 2023-2024
NEET (National Economic Education Trust) Bursary Application
About NEET (National Economic Education Trust)
- NEET (National Economic Education Trust) is a non-profit organization that was created in the early 1990s to provide educational help to poor kids, with a concentration on pupils who excel in Science and Mathematics.
- Over two decades later, approximately R44 million has been distributed in bursaries and financial support to over 5000 South African students, thanks to a government grant of R30 million. Apart from bursaries, NEET provides students with ongoing support throughout their studies through the online Student Management Portal, as well as internships and career placements once they have finished.
About NEET (National Economic Education Trust) Bursary
The National Economic Education Trust bursary program was established to assist poor students by not only supporting their university education but also giving ongoing support and assisting them in finding employment placements or internship programs.
The following disciplines of study will be given bursaries:
- Agricultural Training and Development
Students receive not just financial assistance (for required textbooks and stationery), but also ongoing monitoring and mentorship to help them achieve their maximum potential. The bursary is primarily for students pursuing studies in accounting, science, technology, and closely related professions, as these are the areas where talents are most in short supply.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport-sized – to be attached to the first page of the application form)
- Matric certificate/ final results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance from University/ University of Technology
- Proof of residence
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslip if employed/ balance sheet if self-employed) (certified copies)
- If self-employed, a balance sheet (certified copy).
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will be rejected):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a University/ University of Technology in South Africa
READ ALSO: South African Geomatics Council Bursary
How to apply for the bursary
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Hand delivery:
3 Austin Road
Tel: 010 224 0144
Fax: 086 729 3208