Mpumalanga University NSFAS Application 2023-2024
Mpumalanga University NSFAS Application
About Mpumalanga University
The University of Mpumalanga (UMP) is located in the beautiful Province of the Rising Sun, which serves as a source of inspiration for both faculty and students. In February 2014, UMP enrolled the first cohort of 169 students in three programs: Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase Teaching), Bachelor of Agriculture in Agricultural Extension and Rural Resource Development, and Diploma in Information and Communication Technology. Since the University’s inception, it has witnessed rapid and rewarding growth. In 2020, the University will offer 26 different qualifications to a total of 4200 students.
The University of Mpumalanga is dedicated to providing life-changing experiences for its students through a high-quality curriculum and co-curricular programs. The ideas of excellence and academic honesty are promoted through these programs. At UMP, we help students reach their full potential in the areas of cognition, social interaction, aesthetics, and personal development, all in the quest of democratic citizenship. Furthermore, we are guided by the philosophy of access for success in order to provide our students with a pleasant learning experience and outcome. We cultivate and maintain a hospitable environment, as well as a conducive teaching and research environment.
In addition, we provide high-quality instruction and research that has a significant impact. All of the above is made possible through working with key partners on a local, national, and international level. The University takes pride in its ability to adapt to the changing demands of its students and the communities it serves. In the interests of the least fortunate, UMP strives for innovation and transformation. Our kids are encouraged to be creative and entrepreneurial. Our cutting-edge infrastructure and iconic structures provide students with a living and studying environment that caters to their specific demands.
Our compelling strength is our pioneering attitude and determination to ensure that our students are among the most sought after in their fields of competence, which include Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation, Hospitality Management, Information, Communication, and Technology. All of these are critical for the growth of Mpumalanga Province in particular, as well as the country as a whole and abroad.
Courses offered at Mpumalanga University
Undergraduate Courses Offered
BACHELOR OF ADMINISTRATION
BACHELOR OF AGRICULTURE IN AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND RURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
BACHELOR OF ARTS
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
BACHELOR OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION FOUNDATION PHASE
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE
Diploma Courses Offered
DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE
DIPLOMA IN ANIMAL PRODUCTIONS
DIPLOMA ICT IN APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
DIPLOMA IN NATURE CONSERVATION
DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Advanced Diploma Courses Offered
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE IN POSTHARVEST TECHNOLOGY
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN ICT APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN NATURE CONSERVATION
Postgraduate Courses Offered
MASTERS OF EDUCATION
MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE
MASTERS OF AGRICULTURE IN AGRICULTURE EXTENSION
MASTERS IN DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES
Nsfas Online application Opening Date for Applicants
Applicants must note that the Nsfas Online Application Opens on 1st September and closes on November 30.
- All applicants must submit a copy of their identification. The Department of Home Affairs will accept a temporary ID card.
- Non-SASSA applicants must submit photocopies of their parent/s, legal guardian/guardian, or spouse’s identification.
- Smart ID cards: a copy must be provided with both sides of the smart ID.
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA)), UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse)
Persons with disabilities should fill out Disability Annexure A.
- A South African citizen or permanent resident with at least a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Monetary qualifications
- The N+1 rule should be applied if the student has previously been registered at a tertiary institution and the number of years of registration.
How to Apply to Mpumalanga University
1) Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html and create a myNSFAS account.
You must provide the following information when creating an account: username, password, ID number, cellphone number, and email address.
2) After that, use your chosen username and password to log in.
3) To complete the application form, click the “apply” button.
4) Remember that once you’ve filled in all of the required information (don’t leave any fields blank), you may upload electronic versions of your supporting documents (as listed below). When you’ve finished uploading all of your papers, click the “submit” button to obtain your reference number.