Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary Application 2023-2024
Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary Application
About Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary
The Mitchell’s Plain Education Summit, held at Glendale High School in April 2010, drew over 800 delegates from schools, school boards, councilors, universities, colleges, community police forums, community-based organizations and NGOs, SETAs, parents, and students. The Mitchell’s Plain Studies Forum was formed, and Minister Manuel pledged to collaborate with the community to establish the Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust, which would allow deserving students to continue their education.
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust was inaugurated at Spine Road High School on Youth Day, June 16, 2011. The first bursaries were given to 15 Mitchell’s Plain matric students in 2012, who each earned R10,000 towards their tuition. This was paid to the educational institutes directly.
Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary Application Requirements
All applicants must submit the following documents;
- A copy of applicant’s ID document
- Parent(s)/guardian’s proof of income; if none please include a sworn affidavit stating this
- If parent(s) are deceased, please include death certificate or sworn affidavit
- Proof of residence (rates/account bill addressed to parent/guardian or sworn affidavit)
New applicants must also add the following documents ;
- Grade 11 exam results
- Grade 12 June and September exam results
- A copy of the receipt for application submitted to the relevant tertiary institution
- Letter of support from school principal
- Letter of motivation by applicant
Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary recipients are Grade 12 learners who:
- Have potential, are financially deserving and need assistance with funding;
- Reside in Mitchell’s Plain; and/or
- Attend one of the 17 high schools in Mitchell’s Plain.
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust gives funding to students who should go on to further and tertiary education, but have difficulty in doing so because of finances.
To get more info on South Africa Bursaries, click here
Closing Date for Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary
The application deadline for the bursary is 30 November.
Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust Bursary Application and selection Process
- Visit the bursary website and Apply for the bursary online with all the necessary information and the recommendation from your school
- The Trust will review your application and may require you to attend an interview
- You will be notified of a conditional acceptance based on your September results and application
- You will be required to submit your matric results AND a letter to show that you are accepted at a tertiary institution
- You will be notified of your final acceptance onto the bursary programme
- Your bursary will be paid directly to the institution at which you are studying
Postal address : PO BOX 51167 Waterfront 8002