Majuba TVET College Nsfas Application 2023-2024
Majuba TVET College Nsfas Application
Nsfas Application for Majuba TVET College
Are you from a low-income or working-class family with a combined annual household income of less than R350 000?
The Department of Higher Education and Training offers a bursary to help you pay for a tertiary qualification of your choosing. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) administers the bursary, which is offered to anyone who wants to or is studying at a public institution of higher education and training (university or TVET college).
What does the bursary entail?
The tuition fee for the specific program that the student is registered for; these fees vary based on the field of study (e.g. engineering; medical; art; history, etc.) and the institution to which the student is admitted. AND, based on qualifying, subsidized housing, and living expenses, including food. The bursary money is for the duration of your studies and does not have to be paid back.
Who is eligible for NSFAS?
Students from families with a combined household income of less than R350 000 (three hundred and fifty thousand Rand) per year who are registering at TVET colleges and universities for the first time will be eligible for funding; students returning to TVET colleges and universities to complete or continue their first undergraduate qualification will also be eligible for funding. Only a few post-graduate qualifications are financed; the entire list can be found on the website.
• Students returning to TVET colleges and universities after a gap year or two to complete their first undergraduate qualification from families with a combined household income of up to R122 000 (one hundred and twenty-two thousand Rand).
• Students from families that receive child assistance or disability grants from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will be eligible for NSFAS funding immediately.
• Orphans will be automatically eligible for NSFAS support if their status is confirmed.
Beneficiaries of this bursary would be expected to:
• Attend and participate in lectures, tutorials, and academic support programs as needed by the institution; • Comply with all academic requirements as stipulated by the institution;
• Complete all assigned assignments and/or duties as necessary by the Institution’s due performance criteria; • Pass all tests and examinations (both written and oral) as required by the Institution’s due performance standards.
How to Make an Application
Step 1: Go to www.nsfas.org.za and select’myNSFAS’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Sign up for a myNSFAS account.
Step 3: Select the ‘APPLY’ tab and respond to the questions that appear on the screen.
Step 4: After uploading the appropriate supporting documents, click the “submit” button.