LPN – licensed practical nurses
- LPN/LVNs are nurses who provide emergency and preventative healthcare to people who are ill, injured, or simply require routine health checks. LPNs work alongside a team of healthcare practitioners and are overseen by registered nurses and doctors.
- LPNs must attend recognized LPN programs, which typically take one year to complete, in order to acquire state licensure. Many community colleges, technical schools, and even hospitals around the United States and Canada offer LPN programs.
- LPN students must pass the National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX-PN, after completing their coursework. If they pass, they can pursue specialist certificates in gerontology, IV therapy, long-term care, pharmacology, and other fields of healthcare. LPNs aren’t limited to working in nursing facilities.
LPN programs – Washington
When looking for a practical nursing program in Washington, students have various options to explore. Depending on whether a student attends classes full-time or part-time, most practical nursing programs can be completed in one to two years. In Washington, an LPN program’s normal course load includes both classroom and clinical learning experiences.
Course titles may include the following:
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Nursing Math / Pharmacology
- Maternal/Newborn/Reproductive Nursing
- Pediatrics Nursing
- General Anatomy & Physiology
- Lifespan Psychology
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Completion of a high school diploma program or a GED program (including transcripts)
- 2.5 cumulative GPA in all required coursework, including prerequisites
- All required courses, such as college-level math, English I, and Basic Physiology and Human Anatomy, must be completed.
- Scores from standardized tests, such as the ACT or the TEAS V exam, if necessary.
- Interview with the author
- Background checks, drug tests, and evidence of immunizations are all necessary.
- Application and accompanying payments must be submitted in their entirety.
nursing jobs in ireland
nursing entry requirements
nursing near me
nursing and midwifery
nursing ethics pdf
nursing roles and responsibilities pdf
nursing equipment list
nursing management of hypertension