Limpopo Provincial Treasury Bursary Application 2023-2024
Limpopo Provincial Treasury Bursary Application
About Limpopo Provincial Treasury
- The Departments of Finance and Expenditure and Trade, Industry, and Tourism amalgamated in 1999 to establish the Department of Finance, Economic Affairs, and Tourism.
The Department of Finance, Economic Affairs, and Tourism merged with the Department of Finance and Economic Development in 2001 to establish the Department of Finance and Economic Development.
- The Department of Provincial Treasury was established in 2004 as a result of an EXCO decision to separate Treasury functions from the departments of Economic Development, Tourism, and the Environment.
- The overall purpose and goal of LPT is “To ensure Sound Financial Management of the Province’s resources to achieve provincial government’s goal and objectives”.
About Limpopo Provincial Treasury Bursary
- Limpopo Treasury is inviting matriculants and undergraduate university students to apply for full-time bursaries as part of capacity-building programs geared at meeting future skill and capacity demands. Through capacity training, financial reporting, the establishment of financial management policies, and the support of oversight structures/bodies, the province will be able to maintain sound financial management and financial accountability.
- To guarantee that all departments and government organizations have appropriate risk management and internal control mechanisms in place. The following sub-programs make up the program: B Com Economics B Com Financial Accounting B Com Bachelor of Accounting Sciences B Com Internal Auditing B Sc Computer Science National Diploma in Business Information Systems (Finance and Accounting/ Information Technology/ Internal Auditing/ Financial Information Systems)
Eligibility criteria for the bursary
- Citizen of South Africa
- Currently enrolled in Matriculation OR have finished Matriculation and intend to pursue one of the fields of study below, full-time.
- Have you applied to or been accepted to a college or university that is accredited?
- Limpopo Province resident
- A financial need that has been established
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric June exam results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at a higher education institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension receipt if retired/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from a social worker if orphaned)
- Proof of residence.
Fields of study the bursary covers
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences
- B Com Economics
- B Com Financial Accounting
- B Com Cost and Management Accounting
- B Com Internal Auditing
- B Com Business Information Systems
- B Sc Computer Science
- National Diploma (Finance and Accounting/ Information Technology/ Internal Auditing/ Financial Information Systems/ Cost and Management Accounting)
How to apply
Qualified persons should visit the official website of the bursary to complete the application process.
Submit through the following methods:
- Polokwane: 56-58 Paul Kruger Street, Finance House
- VhembeL: SCM Advice Centre, Government Building Complex, Office No E006
- Mopani: SCM Advice Centre, Government Building Complex
- Waterberg: SCM Advice Centre 98 Nelson Mandela Drive, Decimale Building, Modimolle
- Sekhukhune: SCM Advice Centre Lefa Centre, Schoonord Road, Jane Furse
- Post: Head of Department, Limpopo Treasury, Private Bag X9486, Polokwane 0700
Post: Head of Department, Limpopo Treasury Private Bag X9486, Polokwane 0700
Tel: 015 291 8472 / 015 291 8473 / 015 291 8475