Liberty Actuarial Bursary Application 2023-2024
Liberty Actuarial Bursary Application
About Liberty Actuarial Bursary
- Liberty Holdings Limited is a South African wealth management company headquartered in Johannesburg. Life and health insurance, asset management, and property development are all areas where Liberty has a stake.
- Bursaries are available for full-time actuarial science study at a variety of academic institutions. Full-time students in their second year of study are eligible for Liberty’s Actuarial Science bursaries.
Who can apply
Citizens of South Africa. All students in their second year of study are eligible to apply. Maintain outstanding academic achievement throughout the first year of study in all modules; Maintain a 60 percent or higher overall average, with a 65 percent or higher average for mathematical and actuarial courses; Extramural activities such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs, and various olympiads, as well as engagement in extramural activities, such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs, and various olympiads, are advantageous.
The bursary covers the following expenses
- Tuition costs are paid for each academic year of study and are assessed on a yearly basis based on academic achievement.
- Fees for shared housing at a university residence are paid in the form of residence fees/subsistence allowance. If a student does not wish to live in the university house, a monthly subsistence allowance is paid.
- An annual book stipend is provided for the purchase of textbooks. A calculator allowance is available to first-year students.
READ ALSO: HWSETA Bursary (Postgraduate )
NOTE: The bursar will sign into an agreement with Liberty Life that will be renewed annually once it has been approved. For each year of sponsorship, all bursars must complete a period of employment. Once the studies are over, the normal employment contract will be signed.
Timelines for fresh applications
31 August marks the deadline for the submission of new applications.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should access the application forms via the link provided here