KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) Bursary Application 2023-2024
KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) Bursary Application
About KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) Bursary
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of (EDTEA) is in charge of creating and implementing economic transformation initiatives in the province. They also want to aid with economic development and transformation, as well as economic planning, development, and leadership, as well as creating an investment-friendly climate.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) will give 6 Matric students bursaries to study Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pretoria or the University of the Witwatersrand. Each year, bursaries are renewable based on the student’s academic performance.
Tuition fees, prescribed books, residence housing, food, and an allowance will all be covered by the bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified; if you do not hear back, consider your application unsuccessful.
Read also; Webber Wentzel Scholarship
KwaZulu-Natal Dept of (EDTEA) Bursary Application
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimal entry criteria (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will be rejected):
- Citizen of South Africa
- Between the ages of 15 and 34
- Reside in the province of KwaZulu-Natal
- Currently in Matric and will be completing Matric this year
- Accepted to pursue an Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of
- Pretoria or the University of the Witwatersrand, with classes starting in 2021.
- Coming from a low-income family
- Students who live in remote areas will be given priority
How to apply to KwaZulu-Natal Dept of (EDTEA) Bursary
Download the KZN Department of EDTEA Bursary Application Form and fill it out (.pdf)
Along with your completed application form, submit clear copies of the following supporting papers (submission of these documents is mandatory; if any elements are missing, your application will be disregarded):
- Birth certificate/identification document (certified copy)
- Final report for grade 11 (certified copy)
- Mid-year report for Matric (certified copy)
- If a matric certificate is available, use it (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from the University of Pretoria or the University of the Witwatersrand
- A copy of the course syllabus (including the number of subjects and years to complete the qualification)
- Motivational letter outlining why you require and deserve a bursary.
- Describe how you will complete your qualification throughout the bursary time in your study plan.
- Proof of residency in KwaZulu-Natal (statement of rates, water, and taxes)
- ID cards for parents and guardians (certified copies)
To get more info on South Africa Bursaries, click here
Contact Person: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane
Tel: 033 264 2635/(033) 264 2500
Mobile: 076 928 0686