Jones & Wagener Bursary Application 2023-2024
Jones & Wagener Bursary Application
About Jones & Wagener
- We are a long-standing organization with extensive experience, having been in business since 1966.
- The company was founded on the cornerstones of structural and geotechnical engineering. We’ve expanded our service offering to encompass Mine Infrastructure, Waste, and Tailings disposal to satisfy evolving needs and problems faced by our clients. We recently established our Environmental Engineering, Sciences, and Management competence in response to environmental issues. Jones & Wagener Ghana was created in 2018 to cover Ghana and other West African countries, in addition to our offices in South Africa.
- The integration of our scientists and engineers is one of our core assets. This tight collaboration enables a smooth approach for our clients, resulting in optimal and sustainable ideas and solutions as well as a streamlined environmental authorisation procedure.
- Personal details, incl ID number, id photo, etc.
- Your academic records
- Digital copy of your: ID, CV, and academic records, as well as a recent color photograph as you will be required to upload this information
- Applications are open to current South African post-secondary students and Grade 12 scholars.
- Academic merit, financial necessity, and company-specific considerations will all be taken into account when awarding bursaries.
- Applicants with a combined score of less than 75% in Math and Physical Science will be disqualified.
- Jones & Wagener is mandated to adopt Black Economic Empowerment, thus bursaries will be provided to reflect South Africa’s demographic composition.
- Students studying civil engineering, geology, geochemistry, and environmental science at South African universities.
Fields of study
- South African BEng / BSc Civil Engineering
- Environmental students studying at South African Universities.
Timelines for new applications
The closing date for the submission of fresh applications is 31 July.
READ ALSO: Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary
NOTE: During the July and/or December recesses, students holding Jones & Wagener bursaries may be expected to work (six weeks paid vacation employment) at our offices in Rivonia or Centurion. Bursary students will be required to work for Jones & Wagener for the same amount of time as the bursary was held after completing their studies.
How to apply
Application forms are available from our website www.jaws.co.za
- Bursaries have a high level of competition. Jones & Wagener must acquire all information about who to invite for a bursary interview from the application form because they have no prior knowledge of the applicants.
- Please make sure the form is filled out completely and legibly. Academic results are the most crucial factor in our selection, therefore please supply us with your most recent, complete, and accurate academic record.
- Remember that you are “selling” yourself and your hobbies and abilities while you answer the other questions. As a result, it’s critical to take some time to consider what you’re going to write.