Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa Bursary Application 2023-2024
Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa Bursary Application
About Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa
- The Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa (IMESA) promotes municipal engineers and their profession, as well as provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and viewpoints on all aspects of municipal engineering, with the goal of improving knowledge and best practices in all Local Government municipalities.
- IMESA has developed from humble beginnings in 1961 to represent over a thousand individual members and a myriad of firms engaged in municipal engineering and the built environment, as well as numerous Southern African countries.
About Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa Bursary
For full-time education in the discipline of Civil Engineering, IMESA offers a bursary program. Other engineering specialties may be considered by the IMESA Executive Council at its discretion.
The aims of the scheme are:
- to provide financial assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to afford to study
- to recognize the achievements of students and prospective students who are dependents of IMESA members
READ ALSO: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursary
- Students who have successfully finished their mid-year year exams and are already registered for full-time studies at a recognized higher education institution in South Africa are eligible for the bursary. Bursary funds are available for the next academic year (i.e. second year or further).
- The bursary is paid to the relevant educational tertiary institution and covers tuition and books. Students are encouraged to participate in IMESA activities and are assigned a mentor.
- Applications are accepted beginning in June and must be received by the IMESA Head Office by the September deadline.
- Bursaries will be awarded following a thorough examination and at the discretion of IMESA’s Executive Committee. Before the end of the year, successful applicants will be notified.
How to apply for the bursary
Qualified and interested persons should access and complete the application forms via this link
Inquiries can be forwarded: