- This is a computerized exam with six sections: grammar, reading comprehension, vocabulary and general knowledge, biology, chemistry, and mathematics. The exam will take 4.5 hours to complete. The exam’s results are valid for one year. In each 12-month period, you are only allowed to take the test twice. A minimum of 45 days must pass between the first and second attempts. One year after the second attempt, the third attempt might be scheduled.
- This is an exam that applicants should study for. There are a variety of study resources available, with prices ranging from $20 to $100. These can be found by searching for “HESI A2 preparation” online or browsing in a bookstore.
- To be considered for admission to the CNM Nursing Program, you must pass the HESI A2 Exam. A total score of 75% on all subtests and a composite score of 75% is necessary.
- The University of New Mexico College of Nursing also uses the HESI A2 and requires it of nursing students seeking the NMNEC ADN/BSN co-enrollment option.
- Other HWPS CPE programs may let you take the HESI A2 instead of the TEAS exam.
- You must register for the exam in advance; no pupils who do not register will be permitted to take the exam. For each date, seating is limited, and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. It is not possible to guarantee a seat until the exam cost has been paid.
- You’ll need to go to the Elsevier HESI Registration website to generate your Evolve username and password after you’ve registered and paid for your exam. This user name and password must be brought to the exam and any retests.
- A photo ID is required for check-in.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- No outside materials will be allowed (i.e. cell phones, books, notebooks, calculators, electronic devices, etc.).
- You will be provided a calculator, pencils, and paper.
- Additional resources such as a conversion table or periodic table will not be provided.