heritage nursing home
heritage nursing home
heritage nursing home
- When Bill Froelich went to see his sister in Washington, D.C. in 1960, Helen, a Federal Housing Administration official, told him about a new FHA program. The initiative was created to encourage the development of new nursing homes to replace existing facilities that were already providing this demand. Bill realized the need and possibility for this service as the owner of multiple funeral homes and an ambulance company in Central Illinois. Froelich took this idea and formed Heritage Operations Group, formerly Heritage Enterprises, with banker Craig Hart, insurance man and brother-in-law Tom Jefferson, and notable local doctor Herman Wellmerling.
- The first Heritage Manor in Bloomington, which opened in 1963, was built using one of the first FHA-insured nursing home loans. The group built a second home near Streator, Illinois, in 1965. Two years later, they moved to Peru, Illinois. Charles Adams, the assistant administrator of Mennonite Hospital in Bloomington at the time, joined Heritage and was named CEO. Joe Warner, a teenage assistant to Adams, joined him in 1969. When Adams left the company, Warner took over as CEO, a position he held until his death in an aircraft crash in 2002. Throughout Warner’s 32-year tenure, the corporation expanded its services across a large portion of downstate Illinois.
- Following Warner’s death, Steve Wannemacher led the company through a period of rapid growth and achievement. In January 2014, Wannemacher stepped down as CEO and became Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. At this time, Benjamin Hart was named President and CEO.
- Heritage Operations Group has grown to become a leader in senior healthcare since its foundation in the 1960s, under the leadership of Froelich, Hart, and Jefferson, as well as Adams, Warner, Wannemacher, and a staff of many skilled professionals. Heritage Health now owns skilled care facilities, while the Evergreen Senior Living community includes assisted and supportive living facilities. Green Tree Pharmaceutical, a sister firm, provides institutional pharmacy services. Furthermore, healthcare management services have become an important part of the company’s expansion.
- Heritage Operations Group now employs thousands of committed healthcare workers and delivers healthcare and treatment services to thousands of older individuals. Heritage Health continues to expand, proud of its track record and reputation for excellence in healthcare.
Bloomington, Illinois is home to the Heritage Operations Group’s headquarters.
Heritage nursing home – Skilled Nursing
- Heritage’s founders saw the need for high-quality, competent nursing care across Illinois in 1960. What began as a single senior nursing home in Central Illinois has grown into a network of communities that provide a unique blend of compassionate nursing care and sophisticated clinical services. Seniors can recuperate in a healthy healing environment with the help of these competent nursing services.
- When a senior is admitted to the hospital due to illness or an accident, he or she may be ready to depart but not ready to return home. A skilled nursing community is an ideal place to recover if you require specialist post-surgical care or rehabilitation. Our nursing homes offer medical staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with daily duties such as washing, feeding, and medication management.
- Your loved one may need to regain strength and learn new ways to complete daily duties after a stroke, heart attack, or other health issues. Occupational, physical, respiratory, and speech therapy are available in Heritage Health skilled nursing homes to help with all areas of recovery. They can help elders regain independence and return home by retraining lost motor skills or assisting them in adjusting to new equipment. Heritage places are an excellent choice for this type of short-term rehabilitation and recovery.
- Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nurse’s assistants make up our urgent medical care team. The skilled and knowledgeable team can treat post-operative wounds and provide full rehabilitation services. Heritage has medical directors, nursing directors, CNAs, and therapists on staff.
- We are a vibrant senior living community that provides high-quality medical care. Our vibrant campuses offer a safe haven for seniors to heal and recuperate. Today, go to your local neighborhood and discover more.