- Heritage Manor has been in operation since 1995 as a small, privately owned chain of care homes. Our corporate office is in Kempsey, just outside Worcester, and we own and run our own homes in Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We also have two other locations, Nowton Court in Bury St Edmunds and Abberton Manor near Colchester.
- At Heritage Manor, we recognize that being able to live life to the fullest in safe and reassuring surroundings is just as vital as receiving individualized, professional care. We want our dwellings to be referred to as “home.”
Our philosophy of care
- We believe that care should be “person-centered,” meaning that it should enrich a person’s everyday life and avoid being unduly prescriptive. The strong construction of balanced connections between our staff and our residents, in settings that give a setting for socializing and dining, that permit our residents’ favorite past-times, and where people have access to the outdoors, is critical to such care.
We value our residents and staff as individuals. Our management ethos focuses on an open culture that encourages everyone to be themselves, where we encourage input and criticism from everyone involved in the home, from residents, their friends and relatives, and our staff.
We all have different abilities, hopes, fears, strengths, and weaknesses. The care we provide must be based on an understanding of the person as an individual, which takes time, effort, and patience. This understanding must also be flexible to change, as needs change.
- We are a modest, award-winning collection of care homes.
The quality of our care is what distinguishes us. The Gold Standard Framework Award, the highest accreditation for palliative (end-of-life) care, has been awarded to four of our residences.
- This honor is given solely to homes that provide extraordinary care to persons and their families. It demonstrates our teams’ effort and commitment. The Great British Care Awards have recognized and honored several of our homes. Our CQC ratings are also something we are proud of.
- Care, in our opinion, should be defined as something that improves our daily lives. Our care is founded on empathy and tailored to the individual’s needs, and it is given by a highly qualified specialist staff.