Globeleq Renewable Energy Scholarship Application 2023-2024
Globeleq Renewable Energy Scholarship Application
Globeleq Renewable Energy Scholarship
- GSAMS, situated in Cape Town, has been developing, constructing, and managing energy projects as part of the South African government’s Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers Procurement Programme since 2012. (REIPPP).
- Aries Solar Power, Boshof Solar Power, De Aar Solar Power, Droogfontein Solar Power, Jeffreys Bay Wind Farm, Klipheuwel Wind Farm, Konkoonsies Solar Power, and Soutpan Solar Power are managed by Globeleq South Africa Management Services on behalf of all shareholders.
About Globeleq Renewable Energy Scholarship
- Globeleq is investing well over two million rands in the development of future renewable energy engineering students. GSAMS started its scholarship program to help satisfy the demand for qualified engineers in the sector, build a skills pipeline, and support and contribute to the industry and the country.
- In 2014, the Globeleq Scholarship Fund (GSF) was established. It is managed by Globeleq South Africa Management Services (GSAMS) and supported by GSAMS’ independent power producers (IPPs) and the Globeleq Educational Trust, one of its shareholders (GET). Bursaries of roughly R13.1 million have been issued to date.
- Globeleq’s scholarship program enables aspiring engineers from across the country to obtain the qualifications and skills required by this burgeoning industry, particularly in the field of mechatronics, which is an interdisciplinary field that combines traditional electrical, electronic, mechanical, control, and computer engineering skills.
The GSF’s goals are to:
- Support and contribute to the long-term sustainability of the communities in which we operate, as well as the country as a whole, by helping to meet the demand for technical skills in the renewable energy (RE) industry
- Creating a skills pipeline for our company and the industry
- Supporting and contributing to the long-term sustainability of the communities in which we operate, as well as the country as a whole.
READ ALSO; Basil Read Bursary
- A one-page statement that explains why you chose your topic of study and how you plan to apply it after graduation.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to your personal character and/or academic achievements. This person should not be a family member or a close friend. Please give them their contact information.
- A certified copy of your barcoded identification card.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- Evidence of your family’s monthly earnings. (For example, pay stubs or, if unemployed, an affidavit.) Please mention any SASSA funding you may have received.)
- All applicants for high school must submit a certified copy of their grade 11 and matric reports to date. Please submit documentation of provisional university acceptance, if applicable.
- All tertiary students are required to produce certified copies of their matriculation results as well as the most current official transcript. Please consolidate all of your applications for applicants who have enrolled at several universities during their tertiary education.
How to apply
Before completing the form, please read the following notes and instructions carefully.
- Make sure to read through each area and double-check that the information you enter is correct.
Applications that are incomplete or contain misrepresentations will be rejected right away.
- Please make sure to include ALL of the required documents.
The application period has ended.
- It is your obligation to apply for admission to your desired degree and university, as well as to guarantee that you are able to meet the program’s entrance requirements.
- Please make sure you fill out all elements of this application form.
- When filling out your application, make sure you select the relevant funding opportunity.
- When we receive your application, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. If your application is rejected, you will be notified.
Globeleq South Africa Management Services Pty Ltd
5th Floor, Sunclare Building
21 Dreyer Street
Claremont, Cape Town, 7708
T +27 21 180 4500
F +27 21 673 6740