Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme Application 2023-2024
Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme Application
About Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- The Funza Lushaka Bursary Program is a scholarship program that assists qualifying students in completing their teaching degrees. Bursary awardees must subsequently teach in public schools for the same amount of time as the bursary they earned.
- The initiative is used by the DBE and the basic education sector to solve acute teacher shortages in specific subject areas and school phases. The Funza Lushaka bursary program was developed in 2007 as one of a number of initiatives aimed at addressing teacher shortages in the primary education sector.
- Among other things, the Funza Lushaka bursary program has contributed to a significant increase in the uptake of beginning teacher education programs at universities.
- Concerns about having a sufficient number of instructors have shifted in recent years to concerns about having a sufficient number of quality teachers. As a result, attracting academically talented university students to teaching, preparing them well for the rigors of teaching, and maintaining them in the profession have all become important aims in assisting students in achieving high academic standards.
Who is eligible for funza?
- A valid South African ID number is required. If you’re applying for the first time.
- You must be 30 years old or younger.
- You must have been accepted into a BEd or PGCE program with at least two of the priority subject areas as specializations (extended programs are not covered)
READ ALSO: Limpopo Provincial Treasury Bursary
What are the advantages of Lushaka funza?
The Funza Lushaka bursary covers the majority of a student’s costs, including tuition, complete board and lodging, books and learning materials, and a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Timelines for fresh applications
February 11 will mark the deadline for the submission of fresh applications. Any applications sent after the said date will not be considered.
How to apply for the bursary
Qualified persons should visit the official website of the bursary to complete the application process.