Free State School of Nursing College Application 2023-2024
Free State School of Nursing College Application
About Free State School of Nursing College
With its advanced simulation, teaching, and learning facilities, the University of the Free State’s (UFS) School of Nursing stands at the forefront of nursing education. The Academy for Continuing Nursing Education, which offers Short Learning Programs, is also located at the campus.
Since its inception in 1904, the UFS has grown into a recognized and well-known institution.
It has evolved into a multi-campus institution that contributes to local, national, and international knowledge production while remaining relevant in a tough and ever-changing higher education scene for over 120 years.
Closing date for international students’ applications for undergraduate studies is 31 August as the General closes 1st September.
Free State School of Nursing College Application Requirements
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp
- Grade 12 June results with the school’s stamp as soon as it becomes available.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) if you have already matriculated
- Your academic record, only if you are/were a student at another institution of higher
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities.
- A non-refundable annual administrative fee is charged on all international student accounts.
- You must have a VALID study visa before you can enter South Africa.
- Make sure your study visa is issued for study purposes at the UFS, and not at any other institution in South Africa. You must have a valid and appropriate/correct visa to be registered at the UFS.
- You must be a member of a medical aid registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act 1998 of South Africa, as required by the South African Immigration Act. It is important that your medical aid cover MUST be valid for the duration of your studies at the UFS. No travel insurance, hospital plans or foreign medical aids will be accepted.
- A first payment is required before you can register as a UFS student. The Department of Student Finance will communicate the amount and payment deadline to you.
- If you have a scholarship, inform your sponsor of the UFS regulations on registration fees and tuition-fee payments before you register.
Free State School of Nursing College Courses offered
- Nursing (General, Community, and Psychiatry) And Midwifery: R425
- Diploma In General Nursing Science (Bridge Course): R683 – Two-Year Diploma In One Year
- R254 – One Year Midwifery
- R276 – One-Year Diploma in Community Nursing Science
- R880 – One-Year Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing Science
- One Year Post Basic Diploma In Clinical Nursing Science Health Assessment, Treatment, And Care
- One-Year Post-Basic Diploma in Community Nursing Science
- Critical Care Nursing-General R212 – One Year Post Basic Diploma In Medical And Surgical Nursing Science
- Operating Theatre Nursing R212 – One Year Post Basic Diploma In Medical And Surgical Nursing Science
- Ophthalmological Nursing R212 – One Year Post Basic Diploma In Medical And Surgical Nursing Science
- Orthopaedic Nursing is a post-basic diploma in medical and surgical nursing science.
To read more on Nursing colleges in South Africa, follow this link
Admission Point System
How to apply to Free State School of Nursing College
- Visit https://apply.ufs.ac.za.
- Keep your mobile phone and an active email address ready,
- As you require both to access and complete the online application form.
- Proceed through all the steps and submit your electronic application. Make sure that
you complete the application form properly.
- Submit the form.
Address: Willows, Bloemfontein, 9301, South Africa
Phone: +27 51 403 9831