Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary Application 2023-2024
Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary Application
Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS)
- Career Management at the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) is a solution to specific scarcity and technical skill-related difficulties that both the Department and the National Water Sector are facing. Career Management is dedicated to the program’s efficient administration, ensuring a prompt reaction to the perceived and impending issue of skills shortages within DWS and the South African water sector.
- Career Management’s immediate goals are to prevent a skills deficit within DWS due to the retirement of senior engineering and technical management staff. In the long run, Career Management will spearhead a persistent drive to provide a constant supply of high-level skills in water-related research, engineering, and management to fulfill DWS and the water sector’s predicted demand.
- Career Management’s scope of activity includes the public outreach and public understanding of the water sector, as well as supporting academic and vocational training programs in South Africa and incubating specifically professionally trained black and female employees within DWS.
- Academic programs are supported by Career Management through bursaries and experiential training (Learner Interns). Young, inexperienced graduates (Graduate Trainees) are also accommodated in a mentoring program that involves on-the-job training, active involvement and participation in real-time initiatives, and attendance at specialized training interventions, among other things.
Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary covers the following
- Full tertiary registration and tuition costs
- Residence and meal fees
- Book allowance
- An annual personal allowance
READ ALSO: Hatch Bursary
Criteria for Bursaries
Bursaries will be awarded based on a careful examination of the following factors:
- Academic achievement
- Gender and race
- Need for funds
- DWS is required in relation to specific qualifications.
DWS will engage bursars who complete their education on a fixed-term contract for a maximum of three (3) years at Water Learning Academy.
How to apply for the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary
Fill in this form to apply for the bursary and follow the instructions carefully.
Ms. Nobulali Mtikitiki
Tel: 012 336 7149