Department of Mineral Resources Bursary Application 2023-2024
Department of Mineral Resources Bursary Application
About Department of Mineral Resources Bursary
The Department of Mineral Resources and energy is providing full-time bursary schemes to well-qualified students who display impressive academic track records. The Department is an opportunity that offers financial coverage for students who are planning to take their upcoming academic year.
Applicants should note that the Bursary Application Closing date is 30 November.
Department of Mineral Resources Bursary Application Requirements
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimal entry criteria (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will be rejected):
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must either be currently enrolled in Matric or have finished Matric.
- You must be enrolled full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate studies only; postgraduate qualifications will not be sponsored).
- You must be studying or planning to study at a South African university or university of technology.
- In Matric, you must have obtained a minimum level 6 or HG “B” sign in Science.
- In Matric, you must have obtained a minimum level 6 or HG “B” sign in Mathematics.
- You must be in dire straits financially.
- You must come from a low-income family and live in a rural location.
- You must be currently unemployed Preference will
The bursary is available to current and future undergraduate students, pursuing studies within mining and energy related fields, preferably the following:
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Chemical Engineering (Mineral Processing)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Electro-Mechenical Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive)
- Mining Engineering
- Mining Survey
- Rock Engineering
Department of Mineral Resources Bursary Application Process
Download and complete the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) Bursary Application Form (.pdf).
Notes on the application:
Please be sure you fill out the application form completely, using block letters and a “X” in the appropriate fields.
Please only use the above application form; outdated or altered bursary applications will not be approved.
Along with your completed application form, submit clear copies of the following supporting papers (submission of these documents is mandatory; if any elements are missing, your application will be disregarded):
- Document of identification (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric results are both acceptable options (certified copy)
- The most recent academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of enrollment or admission at an institution
- ID cards for parents or guardians (certified copies)
- If your parents or guardians are deceased, obtain a copy of their death certificate (certified copy)
- If you don’t know where one or both of your parents are, file an affidavit.
- Guardians or parents evidence of income (if working, pay stubs from the previous three months; if unemployed, an affidavit)
- Proof of residency (no more than three years old municipal utility bill)
- Motivational letter to support your application (on the application form)
To get more info on South Africa Bursaries, click here
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Director: Ms. Nondumiso Zulu
The Department of Mineral Resources & Energy Trevenna Campus
70 Meintjies Street
Private Bag X59