Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College Application 2023-2024
Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College Application
About Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College (Hospital)
The Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital is the world’s third-largest hospital, covering around 173 acres (0.70 km2) and housing approximately 3’200 beds and 6’760 employees.
429 structures with a total surface area of 233’795 m2 contain the facilities.
Emergency admissions account for over 70% of all admissions, with about 160 victims of gunshot wounds every month.
The busiest services are accident, emergency, and ambulance, with over 350 patients each day. Approximately 150’000 inpatient and 500’000 outpatient cases are recorded each year.
The St John Eye Hospital’s Department of Ophthalmology has 111 beds and sees roughly 50’000 patients per year.
The Maternity Hospital treats approximately 60’000 patients each year.
The hospital is located in Johannesburg, South Africa’s Soweto neighborhood. (From 1983 until 2002, Soweto was an independent municipality before being included into the City of Johannesburg.)
It is one of Gauteng’s 40 provincial capitals.
Courses offered at Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
- Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
- Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
- Child Nursing Science
- Community Nursing Science
- Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Care
- Critical Nursing Science
- Operating Nursing Science
- Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
- Orthopaedic Nursing Science
- Ophthalmic Nursing Science
- One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
Entry requirements to Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
You must meet the following criteria to enter the NVC at NQF Level 2:
- A year-end report for students in Grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 or an annual report
- A National Qualification Framework (NQF) Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging curriculum created specifically for the aim of gaining entrance to NQF Level 2, or
- To achieve the fundamental requirements for entrance to NQF Level 2, a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment is required.
READ ALSO: S G Lourens Nursing College
Documents required when applying to Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- Certified copy of latest school report/statement of results/Grade 12 or N3 certificate.
- Six certified copies of ID of Learner.
- Two certified copies of ID of Parent/Guardian.
- One ID size photo of Learner.
Timelines for new applications to Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
From April through November, application forms will be available.
How to apply to Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- Go to the official website of Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- Proof of Registration Fee Payment (compulsory for SA and International applicants)
- Certified copy of your ID document (ID document is required for South African nationals; your application will not be processed until you provide a certified copy of your ID and your passport number for international applicants).
- Exam Outcomes: Grade 12 final results (if available). Your grade 11 scores (if you are currently in grade 12) are critical to your application. As a result, keep it on hand.
- When applying online or by mail, keep in mind that you’ll need a unique email address.
If you are unable to apply online, you may send a paper application to the Admissions Office by printing the forms and mailing them to them.
Contact details of Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
Address: Diepkloof 319-Iq, Soweto, 1862, South Africa