CHIETA Bursary Application 2023-2024
CHIETA Bursary Application
- The Chemical Industries Education and Training Authority (CHIETA) is a legislative organization established in 1998 as part of the Skills Development Act. In the chemical and manufacturing industries, CHIETA’s responsibility is to assist skills development as well as to ensure that skills shortages are identified and addressed through various training initiatives.
- Approximately 70 percent of the Skills Development Levies (SDL) collected from the chemical sector is returned to member companies.
About CHIETA Bursary
- CHIETA funds the chemical industry for various occupational programs, as well as specific TVET sector and higher education programs, as a valued partner in skills development and training. In this regard, CHIETA is guided by its well-researched Sector Skills Plan, which identifies the sector’s hard-to-fill skills and positions.
- CHIETA also collaborates closely with the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) on occupational qualification and trade development, quality assurance, accreditation, monitoring, and certification of competent learners.
- Our financial performance has been exceptional, with the Auditor General of South Africa issuing unqualified/clean audited opinions for the past five years.
What the bursary covers
- The bursary award will pay tuition expenses up to a maximum value of R76 000 per year.
- Any monies remaining after tuition fees have been paid can be utilized to cover the purchase of required books and other study-related expenses.
Fields of study the bursary covers
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biomedical Technology
- Polymer Technology
- Operations Management
Who qualifies for the bursary?
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for a bursary:
- Studying at a university that is accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) that offers SAICA-certified programs up to the Honours / CTA level.
READ ALSO: South African Road Federation Bursary
Required Documents when applying for the bursary
- Document of identification, ID (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if finished Matric certificate, if presently enrolled in Matric (certified copy)
- If you are currently enrolled in a tertiary institution, your most recent statement of results (certified copy)
- Final results for the year 2020 OR a comprehensive statement of results for the year 2021 (certified copy)
- ID cards for parents and guardians (certified copies)
- Proof of income for parents/guardians (payslips if employed: certified copies/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension slip if retired)
- Proof of tertiary enrollment (to be submitted before signed bursary contract, if receiving a bursary)
- If you have siblings registered at a tertiary institution, a copy of their proof of registration
How to apply for the scholarship
Qualified and interested persons should follow the link provided below to access the application forms for this bursary.
Toll-Free Line: 0800 111 173