BMC Nursing is a peer-reviewed, open-access publication that publishes articles on all aspects of nursing research, education, and practice.
- BMC Nursing articles are made freely and permanently available online immediately after publication, with no membership fees or registration obstacles.
- According to the BMC license agreement, writers of articles published in BMC Nursing are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted any third party the right to use, reproduce, or disseminate their articles in advance and in perpetuity.
- BMC can support non-standard copyright lines for those of you who are US government employees or are barred from being copyright holders for similar reasons.
All articles published in BMC Nursing are included in:
- PubMed Central
- Science Citation Index Expanded
Charges for article processing
- There are fees associated with open access publication. As a result, for each article accepted for publication, BMC Nursing charges £1990.00/$2590.00/€2190.00 in article processing fees, plus any applicable VAT or local taxes.
- Some or all of the publication costs may be reimbursed if the associated author’s institution is a member of our open access membership program (more details are available on the membership page). For authors from low-income countries, we often waive fees.
- Article-processing charge waivers or discounts are given on a case-by-case basis to writers with insufficient cash in other countries. During the submission procedure, authors can request a waiver or a discount.
Policy on peer-review
- Peer review is a system for evaluating a manuscript’s quality before it is published. To assist editors in determining whether an article should be published in their journal, independent researchers in the relevant study area analyze submitted manuscripts for originality, validity, and significance. More information about the peer-review process can be found here.
- If the journal is unable to locate enough peer reviewers, the services of a publishing partner, Research Square, may be used to find eligible reviewers and give reports, allowing authors to avoid further delays. Reviewers hired by Research Square are given a small honorarium if they complete the review in a certain amount of time. Regardless of the reviewer’s recommendation, honoraria are paid. A double-blind peer review procedure is available through Research Square.
- If an article is accepted for publication, the reviewer reports are published online alongside the work under a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, but the reviewer is not identifiable.
- Transparent peer review has the advantage of increasing transparency. Furthermore, published reports can be used for educational purposes by facilitating peer review training and research.
- Our editors review all manuscripts submitted to BMC Nursing. All articles are peer-reviewed before being published. The Editor has overall editorial responsibility for the publication, with Editorial Board members serving as handling editors.