Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Application 2023-2024
Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Application
About Alfred Nzo District Municipality
The Alfred Nzo District Municipality, which runs from the Drakensberg Mountains to Lesotho in the north, Sisonke District Municipality in the east, and O.R. Tambo District Municipality in the south, is located in the province of the Eastern Cape. In preparation for the 2011 Local Government Elections, the Demarcation Board announced changes in some municipalities (inter-boundaries) where some local municipalities were to be moved from one district municipality to another, as well as the amendment of municipal wards boundaries, in accordance with the Demarcation Act of 2008, as amended. Alfred Nzo District Municipality is one of the impacted district municipalities, with two local municipalities from O.R. Tambo District Municipality, Mbizana and Ntabankulu, being determined to be affected.
About Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary
The Alfred Nzo Development Agency, in collaboration with the Services SETA, is seeking competent candidates for an external bursary program for the academic year 2021. The Alfred Nzo Development Agency bursary supports: • Human Resources • Marketing • Entrepreneurship and/or SMME Development • Media & Communications • Project Management • Waste Management Cleaning • Dermatology & associated • Business Management/Administration • Economics • Social Sciences • Real Estate & Property Development
In addition, there are a few key abilities that are in short supply: • Telecommunication engineering • Economics • Sociology • Anthropology • Web and multimedia developers • Metallurgy • Mechatronics • Actuarial Science • Medical scientist
- Motivation letter;
- Grade 12 certificate or latest results for current grade 12 learners
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from a recognized tertiary institution
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of residence from Ward Councillor
- Parents’ proof of income/death certificate(s) affidavit in cases where the student does not have one or both parents.
- Disadvantaged individuals will be given preference, and proof of this will be required.
Students residing in the Alfred Nzo area of jurisdiction
- Youth aged 16 to 35
- Students who are financially poor and academically deserving
- Students who aim to study in the aforementioned subjects at a recognized South African tertiary institution
READ ALSO: SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme
The bursary funds the following skills:
- BSc: Community Water Services and Sanitation, BSc Water Resource Management or any other water and sanitation-related qualification
- Town and Regional Planning
- Geographic Information System
- Maritime Studies
- Ocean Economy
- Environmental Management
- Civil Engineering
How to apply for the bursary
Qualified persons should visit the official website of the bursary provider to complete the application process.
Applications must be submitted to:
- The Corporate Services Department, Alfred Nzo Development Agency.
- Hand Delivery address: Umzimvubu Goats Complex, Hospital Road, MOUNT AYLIFF, 4735;
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 511, Mount Ayliff 4735. All queries should be directed to Ms. S.
- Jijana: Human Resources Practitioner by telephone on (039) 492 0011 or by e-mail at email@example.com